Jackie's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, August 22, 2007

    Peers

    22 August 2007: I'm back in LA because it's my civic duty.

    25 jurors are called to the County of Los Angeles traffic court. We swear an oath and hear the case allegations: driving under the influence and driving with a blood alcohol content above the legal limit.

    Each juror answers basic questions. Then the judge questions us: do we donate to MADD, have we been involved in a case regarding DUI, is our business in alcohol production or distribution, do we know law enforcement officers, lawyers, judges...

    Each time we respond affirmatively, the judge asks that all too important question - will it influence our ability to hear this case?

    The ranges of experience are really astounding. I almost feel like I'm on trial. Please enjoy my mug shot.

    Image from: jaxpix50

    No comments:

    Powered By Blogger