Jackie's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, June 8, 2008

    Thick

    08 June 2008: Snow in Christchurch sent me running to the shores and hills.

    Yesterday's weather report predicted dreadful weather, but dreamy surf. Who would be crazy enough to brave the weather in order to enjoy quality waves at Sumner Beach?

    As it turns out, Boudewijn and I were the only ones that crazy. We had a quick look, then warm drinks.

    Heading from the rain soaked shore returning inland, snow started to fall and stick. Even the university had a good powdering. The streets started to look like the New England winter I missed after crossing the equator.

    Today, Tall and I hauled ourselves up Mount Richardson. I enjoyed the wonderful sound of snow crunching all the way up 1049 meters.

    image from: jackie

    No comments:

    Powered By Blogger