Jackie's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, June 29, 2007

    Stars

    Family and friends -

    After 3.5 hours in the airport and 7 hours in the air - I have returned to Bogota Colombia. Free to travel with Linda for 5 weeks!

    Week 1: Bogota Colombia.

    Linda and I rode the teleferico up to Cerro de Monserrate peak to take in the panoramic view of Bogota's 7.8 million inhabitants from 10,000 ft. (Please see attached pic.) My altitude headaches have finally subsided, but I still wheeze walking up the mountain base in Linda's neighborhood - La Candelaria.

    La Candelaria is Bogota's oldest neighborhood filled with quaint brick streets, colorful stucco walls, tiled roofs, tasty vegetarian restaurants, national museums, and theaters.

    Tuesday, we saw a local one-woman show and dined with Linda's theatre students to celebrate the end of their semester's work. I avoided shortness of breath and Spanish language shortcomings by concentrating on one-liner jokes.

    Today Linda finished all her work (aka: Fulbright, Ministry of Education, and USAID) and I've finally pulled my head out of the Lonely Planet: South America travel guide - and we're free to begin week 2: Quito Ecuador!

    Adios and all the best.

    Cheers,
    Jackie


    Image from: jackie

    No comments:

    Powered By Blogger