Jackie's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, October 6, 2007

    Holy

    06 October 2007:

    News of local unrest in the heated desert of Jaisalmer.

    Yesterday Muslims in a nearby farm killed 22-27 cows. Today all Hindus closed shops, the massive fort (25% of the city), and went on strike.

    My hotel is outside the fort walls and I got a bird's eye view of flames near the fort and a mob demanding the school across the street from my hotel to close.

    Eventually the school closed. The only things to remain open were health services and the dairy. Around two dozen cows die and they don't even get a day off... Shame.

    I'm sure you would have enjoyed the uncertainty and unsettling energy.

    Unfortunately the stories were not informative. Something like this: They killed the cows. They killed the cows!

    Images from: jackie

    No comments:

    Powered By Blogger