Jackie's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, October 11, 2007

    Ride

    11 October 2007:

    My only trouble was a bad fall on my 4 hour horse riding trip through the Udaipur countryside. My Spaniard guide, Pedro, took me out on his first time as a solo guide.

    He was happy I had riding experience and we galloped uphill to a lovely lake view. We actually got there in half the typical time, so we ventured off to explore new routes - giving our horses some relief splashing through small streams, teetering through steep rocky mountain declines, and tromping past cows, goats, and excited children.

    On the route back we were in an open field. Vamos - I asked Pedro. Vamos? We did.

    Problem was the horse knew the left route, Pedro went right, and a wall was in the middle. I got the horse right, but the horse still protested, pulled back and arched left. The horse was still running, I was off on the left side trying to get back center, but lost it, fell and thanked my helmet.

    Now I've got a great scabby scrape along my left upper arm, a bit on my back, and a hefty gash on my left forearm. Just what my parents want to see when I meet up with them in the UK for Jen's graduation next week.

    Image from: jackie

    No comments:

    Powered By Blogger