Jackie's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, September 23, 2007

    Battle

    23 September 2007: Here are my Sumo Tournament highlights:

    During the Yokozuna (highest rank) ceremonial entrance, Hakuho did an awesome rise from a stomp where he worked his feet slowly inside and out while edging forward, bit by bit.

    Most winners were from one ringside and most wins were by pushing the wrestler out of the ring. However, there were two ring double-toss outs where judges had to decide the winner, a few flip overs, a few pull/slap down belly flops, and my favorite - a bull fighter getting out of the way of a charging train that never had his eyes on his opponent. These men are nimble dump trucks with strong arms.

    After Hakuho won the tournament, he rode out on a car, while all the other sumo walk, taxi, or train out. I turned to look around and found a sumo wrestler and his guard walking beside me.

    He was being followed by a crowd and, eventually, lights and a television camera. I put out my hand and asked him: Thumb wrestle?

    He gave me a quizzical look and kept walking. Drat.

    I should have prepped: Yubi sumo? He was probably intimidated by my mighty yokozuna.

    Images from: jackie

    No comments:

    Powered By Blogger