Jackie's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, September 21, 2007

    Sights

    21 September 2007: In much need of solo time, I head to the ancient Japanese capital, Kyoto.

    I preferred Konchi-in rock garden to Nanzen-ji because it was the most beautiful experience in-the-round.

    Sosui aqueduct (pictured) opened up beautiful brick arches above hovering branches and stone walkways.

    Eikando Temple was awesome. The garden pond was busy and the walkway roofs were low, but the best woodwork and trees and temple and space and pagoda set in the mountainside. Also, it is beside a grade school and you can hear the children playing and laughing!

    After lunch I was about to begin the Path of Philosophy, Tetsu-gaku-no-michi, when I bump into my Tokyo hotel dorm-mate. I would not make a good spy.

    Image from: jackie

    No comments:

    Powered By Blogger