Jackie's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, September 28, 2007

    Note

    28 September 2007: Sunrise and run at Angkor Wat temple.

    Highlight of the day was my 10 AM lunch and nap. I woke up in a hammock with a puppy guarding me.

    Favorite temple of the day was Banteay Srey - red stone and beautifully maintained carvings. It was also a refreshing drive through countryside and rice fields.

    On the route back I stopped at Sras Srang waterfront. Turns out it is beside the archway I found shelter from the rain yesterday. The market girl spotted me immediately asked me what I wanted to buy (key words emphasized).

    She made offers in her Jamaican-sounding accent and so did I:
    - I want to buy Cambodia.
    - I would nev-ah sell ma kon-tree.

    After looking at the waterfront site I returned to her market stand. She approached me with a pair of trousers. Incessant this one.

    I met her whole crew. She did most of the talking for her group, then suddenly spoke Khmer to point out out my blood donation band aid. Her mom looked up at me slowly, stood up, and offered me her chair. The girl noted: for free...

    Images from: jackie

    No comments:

    Powered By Blogger